Use the Clean Air Hospital Framework to develop your clean air action plan
Do you work in hospital that wants to understand what you can do to improve air quality in and around your hospital site? If so, why not sign up to become a clean air hospital using the Clean Air Hospital Framework.
The Clean Air Hospital Framework is a free resource being used by hospitals across the UK to clean up their air. It is a self-assessment tool designed to improve air quality across the hospital site, and in the local community. The framework is focused on seven key areas to tackle air pollution:
- Procurement & supply chain
- Local air quality
- Communication & training
- Hospital outreach & leadership
The Clean Air Hospital Framework was pioneered alongside Great Ormond Street Hospital and Global Action Plan can assist your hospital in setting priorities and developing clean air action plans. This presentation can help you engage your colleagues on becoming a clean air hospital.
Hospitals becoming the leaders in tackling air pollution can show what we should expect from every workplace. What can hospitals do?
Role model: show leadership by minimising air pollution from activities within the health sector’s control
Educate: inform patients and the public about the health risks and how to protect their health
Champion: support policy measures and work with others to improve air quality.
Clean Air Hospital Framework (PDF) - outlining what it takes to become a clean air hospital, providing insights into the seven key areas
Clean Air Hospital Framework (xlsx) - This scoring sheet allows you to develop your Clean Air Action Plan across the seven key areas
Let us support you to become a clean air hospital
Global Action Plan are offering support to help hospitals use the Clean Air Hospital Framework and develop an action plan to become a clean air hospital.
For £2,000 Global Action Plan will run a strategy masterclass with key stakeholders and department heads. The session will help your hospital to:
- Identify how you are currently performing on tackling air pollution.
- Identify barriers and opportunities to becoming a clean air hospital.
- Following the session, Global Action Plan will write up the action plan with suggested timelines and responsibilities for the agreed steps.
For £5,000 you will receive the strategy masterclass as above, plus:
- 6 months of remote coaching to help you to implement the action plan.
- Templates to help you communicate clean air messages with your staff and patients.
- Peer-to-peer learning opportunities with Great Ormond Street Hospital to help you tackle barriers.
- After 12 months, a further action planning session will help you to identify your next steps.
For £25,000 you will receive the strategy masterclass and framework coaching as above, as well as your choice from a number of bespoke onsite support activities, including:
- Fleet driver training – to encourage ‘eco-driving’, consolidate trips and stop idling.
- Clinician training – to empower health professionals to provide guidance to patients on how to reduce air pollution and protect their health in pharmacy, cardiac, respiratory and maternity areas.
- Communications campaign support - to run an eight-week comms campaign (that can then be repeated) for staff and patients across the hospital.
- School's/children's workshop and Play Specialist support to educate children and their parents/carers about air pollution and how to cut emissions. Materials can also be created to support the communications campaign.